IASDR 2017 Proposal Submittal Instructions
Please have all information prepared in advance to submit at one time. You will not be able to save and return to your work. Once you submit, you may return to your account to make edits and submit additional proposals. You will choose one of the three topic areas to submit for either a paper presentation or a poster session. All papers will be double blind peer reviewed by two independent reviewers. Final decision will be made by the Review Committee and communicated to the authors.
Please follow the IASDR 2017 Style Guidelines and Template for paper submissions. Poster submissions only require the 250 word abstract.
Items to have prepared for each submission:
· Job Title
· Author Status (Professor, PhD Candidate, Master Student, or Professional)
· Title of Paper (Use the exact title in the PDF file to be downloaded)
· Area of Research:
1. Fundamental Research – Research within a University (disciplinary and interdisciplinary): Including history, theory, and criticism which addresses philosophical arguments that are basic to design.
2. Collaborative Research – University + External Organizations: Development of new methods, innovation, and user experience.
3. Research in Practice – Research by Public Agencies, Non-profits, Corporations, and Consultants: Strategies and case studies that apply to the practice of design in government, industry, and consulting, including service design, interaction, products, product systems, environments, and architecture.
· Choose Focus area(s) from the following list: Be sure to select at least one area, as this will determine how reviewers are assigned to your paper.
Methods & Tools
Other (list) ________
Are you submitting a full paper for presentation or a work in progress for the poster session? Paper submittals require an abstract (250 word maximum) and full paper in PDF format. Poster submittals only require the abstract section to be completed. Accepted submissions will receive instructions on final submittal requirements.
Online Submission System Instructions: To submit your proposal go to the Re: Research submittal system.
Please note: Best performance for this submittal system is in Firefox, Chrome, or Safari. Avoid using this system in Explorer. (When you open in Explorer, you may need to click SHOW ALL CONTENT on the bottom bar on each page. If you don’t, then the ABSTRACT TEXT box is grayed out.)
1.Create new account
- Create a username (using your email address) and password, you must input your email address then select the “no, I have not yet registered . . . ” box.
- Complete personal and organizational information, hit “Create Account” to proceed.
2.Enter author and coauthor(s) and indicate if they will be presenters.
- Please enter the desired Author and Co-Author(s) for each submission. You will create individual accounts for each author. Please ensure you have contact information for all authors. When completed, select “Create Account” for the appropriate level of authorship. Click the ”Continue” button when you are finished adding authors/co-authors.
- Select your area of research:
Fundamental Research – within a University (disciplinary and interdisciplinary): Including history, theory, and criticism which addresses philosophical arguments that are basic to design.
Collaborative Research – University + External Organizations: Development of new methods, innovation, and user experience.
Research in Practice – Public, Non-profit, Corporations, and Consultants: Strategies and case studies that apply to the practice of design in government, industry, and consulting, including service design, interaction, products, product systems, environments, and architecture.
- Enter the title of your proposal (Use the exact title in the PDF file to be downloaded). PLEASE NOTE: Avoiding using special characters (? < > $) in the title.
- If submitting a paper for presentation, use the “Browse” button to download your full paper (based on the Style Guidelines template) in PDF format. Then select “Add New Submission.”
- All submissions must enter an Abstract. Text box limit is 250 words.
- Select your professional status (choose from Master Student, PhD Candidate, Professor, or Professional)
- Select your presentation type (choose from Full Paper or Poster Session)
- Select applicable focus area(s) for your submission. (For multiple selections - hold down Ctrl key.) If your area of focus is not listed, please select “Other” and use the text box to list the focus area.
- Click the Continue button to proceed and Review your submission.
4. Review all information in your submission and ensure your document (for paper submissions) is uploaded. If there is any information that needs to be changed, click the “Edit” link within the appropriate section. After making any necessary changes, click the SUBMIT button to save.
You will have up to 90 minutes to submit the abstract and upload the paper to the site. If you start and stop or time out, you will have to start over. Special characters, including ?, <,>, ! in your title can create errors in submission.
If by chance you experience an error message, please identify for us:
- The date/time of the error
- The wording of the error message – or a screenshot.
Send the information to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can investigate further and notify you of a solution.
5. Once your submission is complete you will see your abstract list on the following page. A confirmation email will be sent to the email address listed for the submittal. You may return to your account to make edits and submit additional proposals. All papers and posters will go through a double blind peer review. The deadline for submissions has been extended to March18, 2017. Authors of accepted proposals will be notified by April 30, 2017. Final Edited papers and poster files will be due August 30, 2017 for inclusion in the conference proceedings. Accepted submissions will receive instructions on final submittal requirements.